Health Insurance Coverage as of 2014
Summary of changes are as follows:
- No one to be denied of coverage even with Pre-existing Condition/s.
- Young adults can stay with parents to age 26
- Most plans must cover Preventive at 100%
- No limit on annual or lifetime benefits
- Every qualified individual must buy Health Insurance or pay penalty.
Since approval of "Affordable Care Act" also known as "Obama Care" in March 23, 2010, there will be a revolutionary change in the Health Care of Americans under age 65.
Medical plans to be offered in Four Categories:
- Bronze Plan: 40/60 Copay (Lowest Premium)
- Silver Plan: 30/70 Copay
- Gold Plan: 20/80 Copay
- Platinum Plan: 10/90 Copay (Highest Premium)
Open enrollment may be over, but you can still get health insurance if you are having a qualifying life event. Below are common examples/types of qualifying life events:
- You get married or enter into a domestic partnership.
- You have or adopt a child, receive a child into foster care, or you place a child in adoption or in a foster home.
- You change where you permanently live, and you gain access to new Covered California health insurance plans. This includes moving to California from another state. This also applies to individuals who are released from jail or prison.
- You lose your health coverage. For example, you are no longer eligible for Medi-Cal, or you lose health coverage through your job.
- Your income changes so much that you become newly eligible or ineligible for help paying for your insurance. For example, if you are already getting help paying for your insurance premium, and your income goes down, you may be able to get extra help.
- You become a citizen, national or lawfully present individual. This event applies only to people who were not previously citizens, nationals or lawfully present.
To know if you are eligible for special enrollment, call us today for a free quote and to help us check if you are eligible for a premium assistance or free insurance (Medi-cal) at (323) 653 - 6655!
For more information or facts regarding the "Obama Care", please click on the website below:
We represent several insurance companies, click on any of the logo to access website and product information:
Also, for those over 65 years of age with Medicare plan, you will need to purchase a "Supplemental Plan" that takes care of your Medicare deductible and co-pays. In addition, you will need to purchase a separate Prescription Drug Plan, since Medicare plans do not cover prescriptions.
We can assist you in obtaining the appropriate coverage that meets your needs.
To get further information, you can check our contact us page or you can answer the form below.